If you don't find your answer here, Ask a Librarian
- Where is the best place to begin my research?
- What is the difference between a magazine 和 a peer-reviewed journal?
- Where can I get help citing my sources?
- How can I find out if the library has the journal I need?
- What is in the University Archives? What do I do if I want to see something that is in it?
- What can I find in your Government Documents?
- How can I renew items?
- Can I get books or articles SMSU does not own?
- Can I check out a laptop?
- Does the library have a/v equipment I can check out?
- How do I logon to library databases from off-campus?
- How do I logon onto the wireless net with my laptop?
- I know the library can't help me with D2L Brightspace, but who can?
Lost 和 Found: If you have misplaced something 和 think someone may have turned it in at the library, stop at or call the Circulation Desk at (507) 537-7278. If your item does not turn up at the library, contact the SMSU lost 和 found in SC 225, (507) 537-7330
Starting Out: We recommend using our Research Guides. Highlight the general topic you need to research, then click on Submit. You will find a list of resources our librarians identified as good resources for that topic.
Finding Journals: To find out if the 图书馆 has paper or electronic copies of journals/periodicals/magazines, type a title into the search box on this page.
University Archives: The Striegel Archives (named after retired SMSU librarian Mary Jane Striegel) houses materials considered significant enough to SMSU to merit a permanent place in the 图书馆.
The largest collection in the Archives documents the history of SMSU administration, classes and student body, including committee minutes, program reviews, photographs, 和 playbills. These materials are available to researchers during regular 图书馆 hours by appointment. To schedule an appointment to use materials in the archives, contact Pam Gladis (537-6813, firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Research Help Desk (537-6176, email@example.com)
更新： Renewable items can be renewed, if the item does not have a hold. Renewals may be made in person or online through your library account.
笔记本电脑： Laptops check out for 4 hours 和 can be used in the library only. You can check out a laptop at the Circulation Desk.
设备： A list of audio/visual equipment available for check out is listed on the Circulation Services 页。
D2L Brightspace: Many questions about using D2L Brightspace, logging into the wireless network, 和 residential network connections are best answered by IT. Please see their informational pages for students 和 for faculty 和 staff or stop at the TRC Help Desk on the 图书馆's main floor.
Last Modified: 7/18/19 10:43 AM